The crafting of the Vision. Mission, Goals and Objectives (VMGO) statements for National Apiculture Research, Training and Development institute (NARTDI) was Initiated by the Institute Director. Upon the advice of the University President, of the Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University (DMMMSU), the VMGOs were presented to the Institute’s personnel. To further improve and refine the VMGOs, the University President formed a Committee met three times (Sept. 09, 16 and 17, 2013) and Further discussed the VMGOs.
In its final form, the VMGOs of NARTDI, as approved by the Committee, are as follows:
A national center of excellence leading in the development of a globally competitive apiculture industry.
Promote research, and engage extension and training activities.
Pursue and sustain the institutionalization and integration of apiculture in agro-ecosystems for national development.
- Develop and package apiculture technologies;
- Educate farmers and other stakeholders through effective extension approaches;
- Develop and promote quality honeybee products and by-products;
- Sustain the efficiency and effectiveness of apiculture programs, approaches and activities; and
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures to promote the apiculture industry.